EDIN works towards providing information on local events that support our mission:
Committed to the prevention of all types of disordered eating and the promotion of positive body-esteem through education, outreach, and action.
Our two most notable events are Merrick’s Walk, typically held in the spring, and the Celebrity Dance Challenge held in late fall. We also try to participate in local events that promote eating disorder awareness as often as we can, such as hosting a booth at a health fair or giving speeches to organizations that are interested in learned more about disordered eating and eating disorders. If you would like further information on an event or are interested in providing an event for EDIN to host, please contact Sita Wilson.
While we try to keep all information as up to date possible, please verify all event information prior to attendance in the event of last minute changes or cancellations.
Nationally Acclaimed Writers and Eating Disorder Experts Hosted by EDIN
- Geneen Roth, author, When Food is Love, Breaking Free From Compulsive Overeating, and Women, Food, and God
- Jean Kilbourne, media critic, author, Deadly Persuasion: Why Women and Girls Must Fight the Addictive Power of Advertising
- Jane Hirschmann, author, Overcoming Overeating, and When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies
- Joe Kelly, founder Dads and Daughters, and author, Dads and Daughters, How to Understand, Support, and Inspire Your Daughter When She is Growing Up So Fast
- Lori Gottlieb , author, Stick Figure: A Diary of My Former Self
- Margo Maine, author, Body Wars: Making Peace with Women’s Bodies and Father Hunger
- Anita Johnston, author, Eating in the Light of the Moon
- Jessica Weiner, author, A Very Hungry Girl: How I Filled up on Life and How You Can, Too!
- Audrey Brashich, author, All Made Up
We have also hosted and staged highly acclaimed theatrical productions:
- Eaten Alive by Broadway actress Mimi Wyche
- Jodi’s Body, the critically acclaimed off-Broadway show
- Hand to Mouth, Lisa Barnett’s one-woman comedy
- Fat Brain, Skinny Body by Michelle Garb
- The Thin Line by AddVerb Productions
- The Pomegranate Seed by singer-songwriter Cosy Sheridan.
Our website links visitors to therapeutic services efficiently and confidentially as well as providing helpful information, handouts, and school outreach resources related to preventing eating disorders.